BOOSTING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM AND STAY SAFE WITH THESE FOODS
There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel as Covid-19 vaccines are being rolled out by different Governments and the World Health Organization (WHO), offering some form of prophylactics against the deadly Covid-19 virus.
The Covid-19 virus attacks the immune system; this is why you need to boost your overall health and physical wellbeing with proper diet and regular exercise.
Here are some healthy food options to explore:
- Sweet Potatoes have antioxidant properties and are a rich source of beta carotene.
- Watermelon is a refreshing source of glutathione antioxidants.
- Citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C and increase white blood cells, vital in fighting infections.
- Garlic has a high density of allicin which helps fight infections.
- Yoghurt is an excellent source of Vitamin D which also helps to improve resistance against certain diseases.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin E, packed with antioxidants and beta carotene, which increases the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems.
- Pawpaw is loaded with vitamin C, great for your health.
- Almonds are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- A rich source of Vitamin E is the Sunflower seeds
- Green tea helps to reduce inflammation and prevents certain chronic diseases. It also aids in weight loss.
- Poultry is high in vitamin B-6, vital to forming new and healthy red blood cells.
- Shellfish is packed with zinc needed for the functioning of immune cells.
- Mushrooms are power-packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
- Another excellent source of antioxidants is Turmeric that regulates the immune system.